- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
CLUCK Volunteers Needed for the County Fair
For the third year, CLUCK volunteers (that may include you) will be helping out at the Small Animal Tent at the 2013 Sarasota County Fair, which includes feature chickens and also includes rabbits and cavies (AKA Guinea Pigs). The Fair runs March 15th through the 24th, so there are lots of opportunities to participate.
Why would you want to do this? There are at least four reasons. First this a great opportunity for education -- both your own and the education of fairgoers. For volunteers, it is a great chance to see different breeds and gain insight into their temperament and the size and color of their eggs. In addition, your participation assisting the organizers helps both educate fairgoers regarding 4H and FFA (Future Farmers of America) and manage the excitement that is generated . It's also an opportunity to promote CLUCK at our CLUCK OUTREACH TABLE. Finally, volunteers serving at least a two hour shift will be given free fair entry on the day of their service.
It's easy to sign up. Just contact Janie Besselman at email@example.com.
Glenda "Janie" Besselman
Sarasota Soil & Water Conservation District
University of Florida/IFAS Sarasota County Extension Services
Sarasota County Community Services
USDA-NRCS Manasota Service Center
6942 Professional Parkway, East
Sarasota, FL 34240