One chicken in corner mirrors- right side has coloration and plumage of a rooster, the left, a hen.
21) Toasted chicken feathers could reduce the cost of a single hydrogen powered car by over five million dollars!
Strange "Penguin" Chicken
Well, two more videos of "penguin chickens" have surfaced. One. Two. So we think it is real and wonder if this is the result of disease, injury, a birth defect or is it a trait that can be inherited?
Runner Ducks adopt upright stance
27) The National Chicken Council estimates that in 2011 over 13.5 billion chicken wings will be marketed as chicken wings (as opposed to wings remaining on other cuts of chicken). Not all of them will be consumed in the U.S. The Council projects "that more than 1.25 billion wing portions will be consumed during Super Bowl weekend in 2011"!
28) Archaeologists working at the Kingsley Plantation on Fort George Island, Florida found a chicken burial inside the doorway of a slave cabin! They are not sure of the exact meaning, but they believe the sacrificed bird may have been placed there to appease spirits when the structure was built.
30) Chicken manure in the Netherlands is expected to produce over 270 million kilowatt hours each year! The biomass 36. 5 megawatt plant in Moerdijk will convert 440,000 tons of chicken manure into enough energy for 90,000 homes!
31) According to the New York Times, it is now possible to buy a $100,000 chicken coop from Neiman Marcus. To be fair, you get a little more than a basic coop, which is sold as a "heritage hen mini farm". It includes three to ten heritage-breed hens carefully selected to suit your region, as well as two custom-designed and installed raised vegetable or herb garden beds and a multilevel dwelling, nesting area, "living room," broody room, library with books, two Heritage Hen Farm pasture grazing trays, waterer, feeder, and chandelier.
The following facts are bonus facts specific to Sarasota Florida: