- Upcoming CLUCKworthy Events
- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Sarasota Chicken Outlaws Wanted Poster
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- Can I keep chickens where I live in Sarasota County?
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- BoCC discussion of CLUCK
- Environmental Law Institute article on Backyard Chickens
7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
This is conceptual model that attempts to explain the various stages of residential chicken relationships every community in the US experiences. Not all communities experience all stages, and some stages may be leapfrogged or skipped.
B.C. -- Before Chickens: Chickens are not native to North America so at some point every place on the continent had no chickens. Some places still don't and may never.