- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
An article ran recently in the digital version of the Philadelphia Inquirer that featured Martha Stewart's recommendations on raising backyard hens. Read the article here. Some may dismiss Martha Stewart and her cultural phenomena because she was convicted of lying to investigators and served time, but she came back from that incident and has prospered. And cynics may deride her efforts to teach people how to make their homes homier or more domestic, but anyone whose net worth is estimated to be over $600 million and whose empire is based primarily on conveying their taste has obviously figured something important out about Americans. Still others may be surprised to learn Martha Stewart is a big fan of backyard chickens. While Martha only recommends two or three hens, she keeps dozens herself -- so you'll have to choose between do-as-I-say or do-as-I-do.