- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Friday, May 27, 2011
The New York Times picked an organic egg producer in France to lead a story about continued strong sales of organic foods despite "weak economic conditions and rising inflation". Damien Bignon has 3,000 chickens near Paris and sells his eggs for the equivalent of $5.64 a dozen, "about twice the cost of factory-farmed eggs at a French supermarket". Comparable eggs in Sarasota sell for a comparable price, which is roughly five times what chain pharmacies sometimes advertise for a dozen.