- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Its ironic that the most scenic drive around is not identified as a scenic drive. The highway from western boundary of Myakka River State Park to Horse Creek is a lovely drive that combines the natural habitats of preserve lands with working ranches.
The Tractor Supply Company is on the north side of Highway 70, east of Arcadia. The swap meet was held in the parking lot under tents and awnings. We got there early and there were not many swappers with a combination of pullets and mature birds. From Jersey Giants to Silkies there was some variety, but since we are not chicken buyers at the moment, there was not a lot more to be done there.
Then we took a tour of the Tractor Supply Company itself -- a rural, livestock oriented hardware store with chain saws, livestock supplies and some western wear-- worth checking out.