Saturday, December 29, 2012

Chicken Saves Family from Fire!

Several news sources are reporting that a chicken alerted a sleeping family in rural Alma Center, Wisconsin to a fire and enabled the owners (and the chicken) to escape alive. The house was destroyed. The chicken (named Cluck-Cluck) alerted the family in the early morning of December 27th. The fire started in a garage attic and the chicken was in the basement, but its loud clucking awakened the couple. The chicken had been brought inside because of cold weather.

from the Sarasota-Herald Tribune
NOTE: Since we don't have bitter weather (or basements) in Sarasota, this fire alarm system cannot be relied upon here.