|from the Sarasota-Herald Tribune|
- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Several news sources are reporting that a chicken alerted a sleeping family in rural Alma Center, Wisconsin to a fire and enabled the owners (and the chicken) to escape alive. The house was destroyed. The chicken (named Cluck-Cluck) alerted the family in the early morning of December 27th. The fire started in a garage attic and the chicken was in the basement, but its loud clucking awakened the couple. The chicken had been brought inside because of cold weather.
NOTE: Since we don't have bitter weather (or basements) in Sarasota, this fire alarm system cannot be relied upon here.