- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune's FOOD & WINE supplement (May 30th 2012) features a Cooper Levey-Baker EAT NEAR story about Peter Burkard, the only remaining original vendor at the Sarasota Farmer's Market. On Saturday morning's Peter can be found at the west end of an alley running between Main and State and he is usually at the end of a line of people buying fresh greens, honey, cuttings, fruits, vegetables, etc. The photo accompanying the article shows lanky Peter holding two pullets and the article mentions that Peter "has nothing but great things to say about Sarasota CLUCK (Citizens Lobbying for Urban Chicken Keeping)".