- Upcoming CLUCKworthy Events
- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Sarasota Chicken Outlaws Wanted Poster
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- Can I keep chickens where I live in Sarasota County?
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- BoCC discussion of CLUCK
- Environmental Law Institute article on Backyard Chickens
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
How do you improve nutrition, empower women, and increase household incomes in rural India? According to News-medical.net, the answer may be a new breed of chicken called the Kuroiler (pronounced Cure-Oiler). Developed by Keggfarms, the Kuroiler outperforms indigenous chicken breeds (called Desi) and Keggfarms has developed an elaborate system to raise and distribute the young chicks throughout the countryside.