- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Thursday, May 5, 2011
CLUCK NEWS: Next "Chickens 101" Workshop Scheduled -- June 4
After 37 adults (and a bunch of kids) showed up for the second Chickens 101 workshop, it became evident that there was additional demand for this offering from our County Ag. Extension professionals. The next class will be held June 4 from 8:30 until noon and will cover local laws and resources, benefits of chickens, basic care, biosecurity, and getting started. The cost is $15, which is great value for the expertise. You can register at the local ag extension website or have questions answered by calling 941-861-9900. This event is limited to 30 people and pre-registration is required so don't delay if you are considering participating.