- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
CLUCK graphic depicts provisions included for neighbors, chickens, and owners
You've seen the text version of the suggested City Code improvements CLUCK is proposing. Now you can see a graphic that reveals which provisions have been included out of consideration for neighbors, which benefit the chickens, and which benefit the owners.
You'll notice the staff recommended maximum of four hens really only benefits the owners and the chickens whereas the CLUCK recommendation is shown as also benefiting neighbors. That's because adding two more birds greatly increases the likelihood there will be eggs to share.