- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Consumer Reports: Most Tested Chicken Broilers Contaminated
Hey, Great News! When Consumer Reports checked out bacteria on broiler chickens earlier this year, more than a third of the birds tested had neither Salmonella nor Campylobacter bacteria. That's a big bump from January 2007 when eight of ten broilers tested harbored those bacteria and a great reason to thoroughly cook poultry and avoid contaminating your kitchen workspace. (P.S. Some of the bacteria were antibiotic resistant.) Read the Consumer Report analysis here.