- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Observer Newspaper covers City Chickens
The Observer Group of newspapers has run a brief article regarding CLUCK's efforts to amend the City Code to allow a few hens. The article includes a photo of some of Sarasota's clandestine fowl and is generally accurate.
The article does report that there would be a limit of four to six hens, which is probably true, but a little confusing. Staff is recommending a maximum of four, while CLUCK advocates six.