- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Graphic summarizes proposed changes in city chicken rules
City of Sarasota Planning Staff are recommending changes that would make it possible for some city residents to keep a few female chickens if they (the residents, not the chickens) complied with thirteen provisions meant to insure minimal neighbor impacts. Those provisions, as well as eight provisions benefiting the chickens, are summarized on the attached file.
Provisions marked with an N (inside a square) denote provisions added out of consideration for neighbors. Provisions marked with a C (inside a circle) denote provisions added out of consideration for the chickens.