- R U Ready for Backyard Chickens? QUIZ
- One Dozen Tips to Legalize Chickens in Your Community
- Annotated Ordinance
- Case Statement
- Florida's Chicken Support Organizations
- Sarasota Chicken Resources
- Designing a Southwest Florida Coop
- Top 25 Funky Chicken Facts
- Hurricanes and Hens
- My Chickens Busted by Code Enforcement, What do I do Now?
- 7 Stages of Chicken Keeping in the U.S.
- America's Largest Chicken Cities
- (ABC) Annotated Bibliography of Chicken Legalization Reference Material
Sunday, February 20, 2011
USF Microbiologist Tracks Pollution from Large Scale Chicken Operations
A USF microbiologist, Valerie Harwood, has found a source-specific micro-organism that she believes allows contaminated water to be traced back to poultry operations. Now that her approach has been validated in two peer-reviewed journals, it appears she was right and massive confined animal feeding operations may finally be held accountable for water pollution.